Official Transcripts with a Georgetown University seal and signature of the University Registrar for students and graduates of the School of Foreign Service in Qatar can be requested:
- In person from the Assistant Registrar's office in Doha.
- Mail or fax (+974 4457-8231) by completing a signed Transcript Request Form
- Email us with an electronic signature
- Online (please note that this goes to the main campus in Washington DC and it NOT available in Qatar). This method can be used if you need the transcripts to be mailed to another university in the USA.
Please provide complete information to facilitate accurate processing of transcript requests:
- Former students and alumni must provide full name while attending Georgetown
- GU student ID# (or date of birth)
- Academic program and years of attendance or graduation
- Complete mailing address to which transcript should be sent
Third parties (employers, government agencies) requesting transcripts must present a signed release for educational records from the student per FERPA guidelines.
Official Transcripts issued with a Georgetown Seal and the signature of the University Registrar are usually processed within two business days after receipt by the Office of the Assistant Registrar for SFS-Qatar.
Unofficial Transcripts (current or previous) are available online from MyAccess:
- Use NetID and password to log in and print your student record.
- For those who graduated after 1979, if you never had a NetID, please contact the Alumni Records Office at 202-687-1994 for a registration number to create a NetID and password.
Conditions for Issuance of Transcripts
The University issues a transcript which reflects the complete student record.
- All financial obligations to the University must be settled.
- Transcripts will only be made available by pick-up (with picture ID) or mail. Transcripts may not be faxed or emailed.
Transcripts are available year-round except for current students at the end of the semester during grade processing. During peak periods, the Office of the Assistant Registrar will not process more than ten transcripts per student per day to be able to serve as many students as possible. Students can expedite the process of sending to multiple addresses by providing pre-printed address labels.
Diploma attestation for Qatar
For attestation you need to bring the original diploma and translation to the office of the Assistant Registrar at SFS-Qatar. S/he will make copies and certify the copies, then place them in a stamped sealed envelope. You take the copies in the sealed envelope to QF/HBKU Student Affairs office (in the Student Centre) to be certified by QF. The certified copies can then be taken to the Ministry for attestation.