Video Conference Technology
What is video conference and how may I use it?
- The University has a number of conferencing facilities including video conference, web conference, telepresence (RPX) and telephony conference. These facilities allow you to conduct virtual business meetings with counterparts, interviews with job applicants, run seminars or teaching sessions with anyone around the world that has an internet connection
- This section deals with video conference and web-conference only.
- Most meeting rooms and a number of classrooms has video conference facilities. When you book a room, make sure you select one that has video conference facilities. Submit a ticket to guqhelpcenter.sfsq.georgetown.edu for assistance in setting up and/or supporting your conference.
- Some video conferencing setup will allow you to meet from the comfort of your office, home or hotel.
How can I setup a video conference session?
- You will need the IP address of the other party
- In lieu of a IP address, you can setup a Zoom meeting at: georgetown.zoom.us. Log-in with your NetID to setup a conference. You will need the email address of the parties you are connecting with in order to invite them to the conference.
- A conference can be scheduled beforehand or on-the-spot. If you require AV team support, we appreciate that you make the schedule request beforehand.
- Please consider the time difference when setting up a video conference session
- Submit a HelpDesk ticket to AV team at: guqhelpcenter.sfsq.georgetown.edu if you need support or assistance in setting up a conference.
What if I need technical assistance?
- Submit a HelpDesk ticket to: guqhelpcenter.sfsq.georgetown.edu
How much time in advance do I need to make for VC support?
- Please put in a Help ticket at least 2 business days or more due to scheduling and time difference issues.