The career Center staff play an active role in developing and establishing good working relationships between the university, employers and students. Career Center serves as a link between these three elements, continually seeking to establish and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships. We look forward to establishing valuable relationships with employers and organizations in Qatar and building successful lasting partnerships.
The following are a few of the engagement opportunities for corporate partners:
- To learn more about SFS-Q students competencies click here.
- Corporate Presentations and Information Sessions: Employers are welcomed on-campus to conduct information sessions and present their organization and available career opportunities, and meet students first-hand.
- Career Fair: Employers are invited to join us for our on-campus career fair.
- The Internships Program (Non-Credit): which offers students the chance to gain experience with an employer of choice during the academic year or during summer time. For most students, the internship program offers them their first work exposure and the Career Center help ensure that each student is well prepared before and supported during his/her internship placement.
- Alumni Career Services: Career Services staff support graduates in their careers by offering preparation workshops on advanced job search skills, interviewing skills, final resume check and development. Alumni have access to employer networks directly linking graduates of GUQ to labor market opportunities and specific job vacancies. Young alumni are also encouraged to participate in our exclusive Tawjeeh Mentoring program which brings together alumni at all stages in their career development, as well as students, to support one another on their career journey.
- Career Resource Center: which will house career related books, articles, magazines, career planning software, videos and on-line resources and websites. Employers can forward their promotional and informational materials to be added to the Career Library.