The Career Center primary role is to serve students and alumni, helping them develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to make informed career choices and reach their career and life goals.
Introducing GUQ Careers, the Career Center's online career management system that allows you to search for and apply for full-time jobs and internships for SFSQ students and graduates.
Log into GUQ Careers today!
Our career development advising and programming include:
- Vocational Counseling and Career Exploration Workshops, which assist students learn more about their interests and skills through career assessments; the kind of work available now in Qatar and globally, and how to make an informed career decision. Workshops vary from resume writing to internship preparation, and take place all throughout the year.
- Internship placement assistance, which offers students the chance to gain professional experience during the academic year or summer. For most students, an internship offers them their first work exposure and Career Center help ensure that each student is well prepared before and supported during his/her internship placement.
- Career Panels which provide an opportunity for students to hear from working professionals in a specific industry to gain inside knowledge on what the job entails.
- Counseling on job search strategy, resume polishing, cover letter writing, and interviewing and networking skills. We also offer preparation workshops on informational interviewing and professional etiquette.
- An annual Career Fair in February which attracts employers with opportunities for all majors.
- Counseling on graduate school education options, including law schools in U.S.
For your inquiries please contact the Career Development via e-mail.