Alumni Spotlight: Khalid Al-Jufairi
1. What are you doing now?
I am a PhD candidate in International Relations at École Américain d’Études Supérieures in Paris, France, while am also working in strategy consulting at Ooredoo, specializing in knowledge management, risk assessment and intelligence gathering.
2. If working, where are you working and what is your job title? Location? (e.g. city if not in Doha)
Corporate Strategist in knowledge management and intelligence at Ooredoo, Doha, Qatar.
3. If in graduate school, what degree are you working on? School? Location?
4. If you’ve already earned a graduate or professional degree, what did you study? School? Location?
I completed my M.A. in Sustainability Business Management at the American University of Paris.
5. How long did it take you to find your first paid job? Where was it? How did you stay motivated?
My professional career started in 2009 with ExxonMobil Qatar for three years, and in 2012, I moved to Exxon Mobil Corporation’s offices in Washington, D.C. to be global political advisor in the International Government Relations function.
6. Looking back, what were some of your “takeaways” from your GUQ experience?
Unparalleled learning experience, critical thinking, great professors and intellectuals.
7. What advice would you give to current undergraduates who may want to follow in your footsteps?
Take an internship when you can, develop your contacts and network, work with any professor in a research grant.
8. What are some of your proudest achievements so far? Future plans?
During my career at ExxonMobil,
· World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
· ExxonMobil & Qatar University Teachers Academy
· Energy Outlook – Rolling out
· First Step of Social Development Center
During my work at Lyxor Asset Management,
· ETF Research Academy, Lyxor and Parish Dauphine University – travaux préparatoires
· Integrated communications marketing – Anglophone
Post the American University of Paris,
· My master’s degree thesis is published in the form of a book. A copy can be found at La Bibliothèque nationale de France.