To learn more about employment opportunities available at SFS-Qatar, please click on the links below.
The School of Foreign Service in Qatar (SFS-Qatar), which is located in Education City in Doha, Qatar, is a part of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and offers a four-year undergraduate curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree identical to that offered on the Main Campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Each year, SFS-Q admits a class of approximately 50 students, primarily from the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia, who take courses on and will graduate from the Qatar campus. The students and facilities of SFS-Q are outstanding. Compensation, terms of employment and professional opportunities for SFS-Q faculty are highly competitive.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Georgetown University is an equal opportunity, and affirmative action employer. For further information on our policies, please visit our campus main page for IDEAA.
Non-Sponsored Staff Positions
The Office of Academic Services (OAS) focuses on supporting and engaging student learning and achievement, and promoting best practices in teaching and assessment. OAS is directed by the Assistant Dean and has a professional staff of Coordinators and Specialists along with student peer tutors and undergraduate teaching assistants. Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Director of OAS, the Coordinator will provide coordination for activities in support student learning and academic achievement and to assist the Director in achieving the aims of the unit.
- Provide administrative support, including processing of financial documents such as EVs, CSRs and check requests.
- Meet with the Director to plan programming for student support and achievement.
- Provide expert tutoring and lead workshops for students in an area of specialization.
- Supervise, train and mentor student workers.
- Identify or develop resources for student support and achievement.
- Assist the Director in delivery of teaching, learning and assessment initiatives.
- Manage OAS project development.
- Collaborate with a team of OAS coordinators, specialist staff and student employees.
- Master’s degree in English, TESOL, Education or a field related to the SFS curriculum required. Ability to speak/write French and/or Arabic is a plus.
- Teaching or tutoring at the college level; working with diverse learners.
- Supervising/coordinating/managing staff and project development.
- Professional experience with academic administration, and program development.
- Ability to work well with various forms of technology to support program operations and writing development including Microsoft Office Suite, online data management software; social media tools, iPads and their applications, collaborative writing spaces, etc.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter attached to SFSQ Jobs. Please make certain "Coordinator, OAS" is in the Subject line. This position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no sponsorship. It is a term position, ending on December 31st, 2014, with the possibility of renewal.