To learn more about employment opportunities available at SFS-Qatar, please click on the links below.
The School of Foreign Service in Qatar (SFS-Qatar), which is located in Education City in Doha, Qatar, is a part of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and offers a four-year undergraduate curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree identical to that offered on the Main Campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Each year, SFS-Q admits a class of approximately 50 students, primarily from the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia, who take courses on and will graduate from the Qatar campus. The students and facilities of SFS-Q are outstanding. Compensation, terms of employment and professional opportunities for SFS-Q faculty are highly competitive.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Georgetown University is an equal opportunity, and affirmative action employer. For further information on our policies, please visit our campus main page for IDEAA.
Non-Sponsored Staff Positions
The Office of Academic Services (OAS) focuses on supporting and engaging student learning and achievement, and promoting best practices in teaching and assessment. OAS is directed by the Assistant Dean and has a professional staff of Coordinators and Specialists along with student peer tutors and undergraduate teaching assistants. Reporting to the Assistant Dean and Director of OAS, the Coordinator will provide coordination for activities in support student learning and academic achievement and to assist the Director in achieving the aims of the unit.
- Provide administrative support, including processing of financial documents such as EVs, CSRs and check requests.
- Meet with the Director to plan programming for student support and achievement.
- Provide expert tutoring and lead workshops for students in an area of specialization.
- Supervise, train and mentor student workers.
- Identify or develop resources for student support and achievement.
- Assist the Director in delivery of teaching, learning and assessment initiatives.
- Manage OAS project development.
- Collaborate with a team of OAS coordinators, specialist staff and student employees.
- Master’s degree in English, TESOL, Education or a field related to the SFS curriculum required. Ability to speak/write French and/or Arabic is a plus.
- Teaching or tutoring at the college level; working with diverse learners.
- Supervising/coordinating/managing staff and project development.
- Professional experience with academic administration, and program development.
- Ability to work well with various forms of technology to support program operations and writing development including Microsoft Office Suite, online data management software; social media tools, iPads and their applications, collaborative writing spaces, etc.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter attached to SFSQ Jobs. Please make certain "Coordinator, OAS" is in the Subject line. This position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no sponsorship. It is a term position, ending on December 31st, 2014, with the possibility of renewal.
Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service in Qatar (SFS-Q), in conjunction with the Center for International and Regional Studies, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Research Analyst. This position will support the Associate Director for Research in managing CIRS’s research output. The role will contribute towards developing CIRS’s inter-disciplinary research agenda (focused on the politics, economics, society, and culture of thePersian Gulf and Middle East). This position will add actively to all areas of CIRS’s research portfolio, including to research assignments and projects undertaken by the Director and other CIRS staff members as and when necessary.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, SFS-Q is looking for locally based candidates only. This is a non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
- Supports the Director and Associate Director in carrying out research for the Center and identifies critical gaps in the scholarship where CIRS can engage in new research;
- Undertakes regular, critical, and systematic literature reviews of primary sources/articles/journals/books on The Persian Gulf and Middle East, and provides written and oral summaries to the Assistant Director as needed;
- Compiles, processes, evaluates, and analyses data from a variety of sources for different research assignments. Generates background research output for the Center’s projects, and contributes to the development of independent and original ideas as appropriate.;
- Assists in the organization of CIRS research meetings and working groups;
- Contributes to CIRS research publications as needed through written or editorial assignments;
- Supports the dissemination of the research by attending meetings, assisting in the preparation of reports and publications as appropriate;
- Provides issue briefs, analytical summaries, other written products under the direction of the Assistant Director of Research;
- Assists in preparation of reports for Program Committee meetings and Advisory Board meetings;
- Performs other duties associated with the Center’s research projects, which may be assigned by the Associate Director for Research;
- Assists in various editorial duties; including writing, reviewing, and editing various materials for publication;
- The above statement of key activities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of one so classified and does not preclude the incumbent from being assigned additional duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Politics, or related social-science disciplines; Master’s degree preferred;
- Substantial knowledge of the Arabic language is a requirement;
- 2 to 3 years previous experience in professional setting, preferably academic institution; close familiarity with culture of academia and/or research institutions;
- Must possess adequate knowledge of computer programs necessary to manage academic databases, perform analysis, create graphs/spreadsheets, and conduct internet-based research;
- Ideal candidate should be available to start in early September 2014. Some flexibility in regard to start date maybe available.
To apply, please send an email with your resume, cover letter and writing sample attached to SFSQ Jobs. Please make certain "Research Analyst" is in the subject line. This position is based in Doha, Qatar. No relocation assistance is available.