To learn more about employment opportunities available at SFS-Qatar, please click on the links below.
The School of Foreign Service in Qatar (SFS-Qatar), which is located in Education City in Doha, Qatar, is a part of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and offers a four-year undergraduate curriculum leading to the Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree identical to that offered on the Main Campus of Georgetown University in Washington, DC. Each year, SFS-Q admits a class of approximately 50 students, primarily from the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia, who take courses on and will graduate from the Qatar campus. The students and facilities of SFS-Q are outstanding. Compensation, terms of employment and professional opportunities for SFS-Q faculty are highly competitive.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Georgetown University is an equal opportunity, and affirmative action employer. For further information on our policies, please visit our campus main page for IDEAA.
- Administrative and Technical Assistant (Non-Sponsored)
To provide administrative support to the department and/or Unit Head in order to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the department with tasks related to general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Including getting copyrights permissions, archiving teaching materials, review and update Arabic web page, and keep records of meetings, faculty issues.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, SFS-Q is looking for locally based candidates only. This is a non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
Please note this is a one year fixed contract position.
- Serve as a first point of contact for SFS-Qatar faculty, staff, students’, and visitor inquiries over the phone, via e-mail, or in person.
- Provide administrative assistance in a professional capacity as required to the department and/or Unit Head including daily dealing with external part-time assistants.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and Prepares memos, correspondence and documents for signature. Can make non-executive, non- director level decisions in the absence of supervisor on basic operational procedures or processes.
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and/or supplies; obtain estimates for ordering purposes; order equipment and/or supplies as needed
- Using MS Office, creates spreadsheets, manages databases, types and edits basic correspondence; create reports for departmental use as needed
- Interact with other QF universities, SFS-Qatar departments to obtain and/or provide information on unit activities, projects, etc. Maintains records and files and organizes department procedures. Make suggestions on process and executes routine oversight of internal office functions.
- Compose, type and proofread a variety of documents such as reports and contracts.
- Organize and maintain paper and/or electronic files.
- Conduct basic research on the Internet as needed.
- Support other members of the department on assigned project-based work.
- Attend meetings and take notes and/or minutes as needed.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; working knowledge of modern office equipment such as fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
- AA degree or completion of secretarial, business school. Consideration given to experience.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience providing administrative, clerical, and/or secretarial support to a department; preferably for a multinational organization; Professional appearance, ability to multi task, organize work, and maintain a high level of confidentiality; The position requires a strong command of the Arabic and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Access, Familiarity with video, audio editing.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter attached to SFSQ Jobs. Please make certain "Administrative & Technical Assistant" is in the Subject line. This position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no sponsorship.