Check back frequently as job opportunities will be posted as they are received.
Aspire Zone Foundation - Aspetar - Athlete Representative - 2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
INTERNAL SFS-Q POSTINGS
Admissions Coordinator (Non-Sponsored)
Administrative Assistant – Office of Information Technology (Non-Sponsored)
Academic and Faculty Support Coordinator
Graduate Training Programs
Kawader - a joint initiative of the QFCA and QFBA
We also recommend that you monitor the following regional employment websites to facilitate your independent job search:
The Athlete Representative will be a key point of contact to meet and greet registered athletes. In being accountable for ensuring that the needs of registered athletes are met whilst in Aspetar, the Athlete Representatives will act as an ambassador for Aspetar and the NSMP in providing a human ‘’face’’ to the hospital and the program. The Athlete Representative will play an important role in ensuring that the athlete experience within Aspetar is enhanced and complementary to the sporting environment and image of Aspetar.
• Meets and greets registered athletes upon their arrival in a friendly and helpful manner
• Provides reception services to athletes
• Escorts athlete to the appropriate department and ensures their needs are met.
• Ensures other guests are directed to the appropriate service provider if required
• Provides information to athletes and other guests as required and assists them with any further requests
• Empathises with athlete’s or concerns that enhances the athlete experience whilst in Aspetar
• Deals with athlete issues at the point of contact in an effective and efficient manner. Escalates unresolved issues to the Athlete Relations Manager and provides assistance to follow up as required.
• Follows up with athletes throughout their stay
• As directed by the Athlete Relations Manager, undertake related tasks within Clubs and Federations as required.
• Books initial consultation appointments for athletes, and makes reminder phone calls prior to the day of the appointment
• Registers athletes via telephone or over the counter
• Books rooms for athletes
• Obtains, reviews and files Letters of Guarantee (LOG) prior to the admission of athlete. Escalates any issues with obtaining LOG to the Athlete Relations Manager and provides assistance to follow up as required.
• Files relevant paperwork to ensure athlete filing is up to date and accurate
• Reviews billing requirements to ensure accuracy of invoices to QOC or relevant party
• Prepares invoices and all related documents for the initial consultation services provided
• Assumes other tasks within the area of Guests Services within other departments as required
• Provides tours of the Aspetar facility for new hires and visitors
• Projects Aspetar as a Centre of Excellence, there to serve the needs of Qatari and international athletes.
• 1-2 years experience in the hospitality sector
• Experience and enthusiasm within the Sporting environment/arena
• Good interpersonal and communication skills. Outgoing, friendly, self-confident and enjoys interacting with people of different personalities and backgrounds.
• Is articulate and demonstrates clear and proper enunciation when speaking
• Service-oriented with a friendly and welcoming personality
• Demonstrated interest, enthusiasm and knowledge in Sport
• Ability to work shifts
• Drivers license desirable
• Consistently well-groomed to project a positive image of Aspetar
• Organized with good administrative, computer and clerical skills
• Self starter and organized, ability to follow up and keep on top of existing workload
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
To apply contact:
BNP Paribas Career Centre Manager
We are looking for a Political Section Assistant to work in this busy and dynamic Embassy. The successful candidate will be responsible for core administration work, cover as the Ambassador’s personal assistant, have IT responsibilities, provide support for official visits and offer general support to the whole Embassy as required. Successful applicants will need to be a self-starter with an eye for detail, have a flexible approach and observe high standards of customer service.
The British Embassy in Doha is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The Political Assistant is a key role working at the heart of the Embassy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure successful day-to-day operation of the Embassy’s political administration.
• Provide IT support to users, maintain IT inventories.
• Cover for the Ambassador’s personal assistant.
• Provide support for official visits.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
• Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels
• Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
• Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills, with very good attention to detail
• Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines
• Willingness to work additional hours as necessary.
• Strong IT computer skills are essential.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary starting from Qr. 9,900 per month negotiable, plus a transport allowance of Qr. 800 per month, benefits, a leave entitlement and training package. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate. This may include training in London and the region. The successful candidate is expected to commence employment in July.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of background and security clearance. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Qatar in order to apply.
Please send a completed application form with your CV/resume by 20 May 2013 to Doha.Recruitment@fco.gov.uk. Only those candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The application form can be downloaded from the link below.
An opportunity has arisen for a new position as Senior Trade & Investment Officer in the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) Team at the British Embassy. UKTI helps UK-based exporters succeed globally and assists overseas companies to bring high quality investment to the UK.
The holder of this exciting and demanding new job will be responsible for driving forward our commercial agenda to support key British companies bidding for work in the Education & Training, Healthcare and Financial & Professional Services sectors. We are looking for a proactive team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in English and (preferably) Arabic, to engage with key companies and government officials at a senior level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide a first class service and support to British companies wishing to do business in Qatar and to lead on the Education & Training, Healthcare and Financial & Professional Services sectors.
• Establish and maintain a wide-ranging cross-section of contacts in companies and across government in Qatar as well as UK supply chain companies and trade associations.
• Lead on the development of proposals and strategies for submission to UKTI and other key stakeholders for new initiatives in the Education & Training, Healthcare and Financial & Professional Services sectors.
• Provide new and experienced British companies with the information they require to make informed business decisions by handling chargeable market research enquiries, conducting visits, writing appropriate reports and creating business opportunities.
• Regularly update the Embassy’s sector reports for Education & Training, Healthcare and Financial & Professional Services.
• Help manage the programme and logistical arrangements for VIP visitors, trade missions and official visitors.
• Provide oral briefings to UK trade missions or at events in the UK on the opportunities in the market and how to do business in Qatar.
• Line management of a Trade & Investment Officer.
• Provide cover for the Senior Commercial Attaché during absences.
• Any other duties as required by the Director of Trade & Investment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Previous relevant commercial or government experience in Qatar.
• Have a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service to all our clients.
• Excellent spoken and written English is essential and Arabic is desirable.
• Strong self-management and organisational skills.
• The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to work well under pressure.
• The ability to initiate and maintain a wide range of working relationships.
• Previous experience of a customer facing role.
• Experience of managing people.
• Flexible and positive approach to working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated organisation.
• Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Internet.
This position involves out of hours commitments (networking, receptions, and seminars).
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary (starting from QR17,202 per month, plus a transport allowance of QR800 per month) , benefits, a good leave entitlement and a training package. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate. The successful candidate is expected to commence employment as soon as possible.
The closing date for applications will be Thursday 16 May 2013. All applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will only contact those people called for an interview, which will be held in the second half of May 2013.
This position is subject to the successful applicant completing a 6 month probationary period, and undergoing the necessary security clearance procedures.
Applications must include the following:
1. A covering letter (enclosing your CV), setting out why you think you are the right person for the job.
2. A recent photograph.
3. Contact details for two professional references.
4. Application form downloaded from: