Student Services Overview
The Career Development Center (CDC) primary role is to serve students, helping them develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to make informed career choices and reach their career and life goals. We are committed to providing students with opportunities for career development both inside and outside class, through the following services:
- Career Exploration Workshops, which assist students learn more about their interests and skills; the kind of work available now in the Qatar and globally, and how to make an informed career decision. Workshops vary from CV writing to communication skills and job search skills, and take place all throughout the year.
- Career Fairs are organized on-campus where employers are invited to interact with students.
- Career Resource Center will house career related books, articles, magazines, employer information, career planning software, videos and on-line resources and websites available to all students. The Center helps students to research employers, careers and jobs to make informed career decisions. Start with assessing your career. Get tips on writing CVs and cover letter and interviewing.
- The Internships Program, which offers students the chance to gain experience with an employer of choice during the academic year or during summer time. For most students, the internship program offers them their first work exposure and CDC help ensure that each student is well prepared before and supported during his/her internship placement.
- Post Graduate Employment Program, as the CDC is committed to developing a post-graduate employment program which supports and promotes students in their first career step after graduation. The graduate employment program will offer preparation workshops on advanced job search skills, interviewing skills, final CV check and development. Student will have access to employer networks directly linking graduates of SFS-Qatar to labor market opportunities and specific job vacancies.
- Studying law in the USA
- Resources for Planing Graduate Studies
For your inquiries please contact the Career Development Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.