Employer Services Overview
The Career Development Center is an integral part of the Office of Outreach & Business Development (OBD). Our staff play an active role in developing and establishing good working relationships between the university, employers and students. OBD serves as a link between these three elements, continually seeking to establish and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships. We look forward to establishing valuable relationships with employers and organizations in Qatar and building successful lasting partnerships.
The following are a few of the engagement opportunities for corporate partners:
- Corporate Presentations and Information Sessions: Employers are welcomed on-campus to conduct information sessions and present their organization and available career opportunities, and meet students first-hand.
- Career Fairs: Employers are invited to join us for our on-campus career fairs.
- The Internships Program: which offers students the chance to gain experience with an employer of choice during the academic year or during summer time. For most students, the internship program offers them their first work exposure and CDC help ensure that each student is well prepared before and supported during his/her internship placement.
- Post Graduate Employment Program: as the CDC is committed to developing a post-graduate employment program which supports and promotes students in their first career step after graduation. The graduate employment program will offer preparation workshops on advanced job search skills, interviewing skills, final CV check and development. Student will have access to employer networks directly linking graduates of GUQ to labor market opportunities and specific job vacancies.
- Career Resource Center: which will house career related books, articles, magazines, career planning software, videos and on-line resources and websites. Employers can forward their promotional and informational materials to be added to the Career Library.
Our students at SFS-Qatar have outstanding profiles. Learn more about our students!