Controlled Writing Exercise (CWE) 2014
ALL applicants are required to complete a Controlled Writing Exercise (CWE) as part of the application process. The exercise is an hour-long session during which you will be asked to write a short response to a prompt. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure he/she schedules and completes his/her CWE. Without a completed CWE, the Office of Admissions will not be able to evaluate you application.
The CWE does not require advanced knowledge or preparation on any particular topic. The Admissions Committee will review the essay for logic, grammar, syntax, sentence structure, etc. We will pay particular attention to depth of analysis and written communication skills. The exercise is meant to simulate a routine experience in which students are asked to share written work in a class.
Kindly note that the CWE is an electronic/typewritten exercise, administered on campus, at the Georgetown Qatar building (Education City).
Please click here, select "CWE" in the Category field, or, just click "Search" to register for only one of the sessions. Applicants MUST register using the username and password used for the online application. Once you login, JUST CLICK REGISTER and information will automatically populate.
- All applicants MUST complete the CWE.
- Make sure you have your AY ID when you come in for the CWE. This is your unique ID linked to your online application. You can find this by logging into your online application.
- Seats are limited for each session and available for those who RSVP on a first-come, first-served basis! It is your responsibility to RSVP to sit for the required exercise.
- Once you have entered the Georgetown Building, please follow the signs to the library computer lab.
- You must arrive fifteen (15) minutes before the start of your session. Late comers will not be permitted entrance and will have to register for another date and time, based on availability.
- Electronic and paper-based dictionaries, thesauruses, and grammar references may not be used.
- Upon entrance to the computer lab, all mobile phones must be turned off and the phones may not be used at anytime during the session. This will be verified by the proctor.
- All applicants must present either a valid passport or Qatari ID card to gain entrance to the session. Photocopies of passports or ID cards will not be accepted.
- For special needs or accommodations, please contact email@example.com before registering.
Please click here.