In order to be considered for admission to the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar for the 2014-2015 academic year, applicants must submit by March 1, 2014, all of the following items. Please note that we only accept students for Fall admission.
- Undergraduate Application for Admission (to be submitted online)
- Application for Admission
- Personal Statement (Essay One)
- Essay on a current global issue (Essay Two)
- Photocopy of passport data page(s)
- Official transcripts/grade reports (final 3 years of secondary school and any subsequent studies)
- Recommendations: A minimum of two recommendations are required in support of your application:
(i). One Overall Academic Assessment Report; AND
(ii). One or more Teacher Report/s
Recommendation letters must be submitted to our admissions office electronically, through our application system. Please make sure to input the name and contact information for each recommendation provider through the designated link on your online application.
Paper recommendations may be exceptionally accepted for extenuating circumstances only; such as lack of internet access. Prior approval is required. Please email the Office of Admissions for approval. Should a paper submission be approved, you can download a copy of the Reports here.
- TOEFL or IELTS results - TOEFL Institutional Code is 8750 Note: applicants who score 600 or above on both the critical reading and writing sections of the SAT (26 or above on both the English and reading sections of the ACT) are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Please contact the Admissions Office with any questions.
- SAT I or ACT results-
- 250QR [$65] non-refundable application fee by credit card, check or money order, made out to Georgetown University. No cash accepted.
- Preferred but not required: SAT II results on 3 subject tests
Please download this list of application requirements to use as a guide while working on completing your application file.
Please email us at SFSQadmissions@georgetown.edu for more information, or check this website for updates.
All of the above should be original documents or official copies from the issuing organization.
Official English translations are also required, if original documents are not in English.
All documents submitted with the application become the property of Georgetown University and cannot be returned to the applicant.
It is strongly recommended that all of the above items be submitted together as one package, if at all possible.