In order to be considered for admission to the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar for the 2014-2015 academic year, applicants must submit by March 1, 2014, all of the following items. Please note that we only accept students for Fall admission. Please click on the links of items 3 and 4 for downloadable, printable forms. [Note: the online application and downloadable forms are being updated and will be ready for 2014 applications by September, at latest.]
- Undergraduate Application for Admission (to be submitted online)
- Application for Admission
- Personal Statement (Essay One)
- Essay on a current global issue (Essay Two)
- Photocopy of passport data page(s)
- Official transcripts/grade reports (final 3 years of secondary school and any subsequent studies)
- Overall Academic Assessment report
- Teacher's report
- TOEFL or IELTS results - TOEFL Institutional Code is 8750 Note: applicants who score 600 or above on both the critical reading and writing sections of the SAT (26 or above on both the English and reading sections of the ACT) are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Please contact the Admissions Office with any questions.
- SAT I or ACT results-
- 250QR [$65] non-refundable application fee by credit card, check or money order, made out to Georgetown University. No cash accepted.
- Preferred but not required: SAT II results on 3 subject tests
Please download this list of application requirements to use as a guide while working on completing your application file.
Please email us at SFSQadmissions@georgetown.edu for more information, or check this website for updates.
All of the above should be original documents or official copies from the issuing organization.
Official English translations are also required, if original documents are not in English.
All documents submitted with the application become the property of Georgetown University and cannot be returned to the applicant.
It is strongly recommended that all of the above items be submitted together as one package, if at all possible.