Help on the Web
Purdue OWL: The online writing lab with advice on all things writing.
AUC Writing Resources: A similarly comprehensive collection of online writing resources, but developed at the American University in Cairo with Middle Eastern students in mind.
Research & Documentation Online: Subject-specific help with finding and documenting resources. Sample papers are also showcased.
CyberEconomics is divided into micro and macro economics resources. Each unit has a self-test quiz.
Online support materials for the texbook Economics written by Joseph E. Stiglitz and Carl E. Walsh. Includes conceptual quizzes, interactive tutorials, and practice quizzes.
"Back to Basics" articles from the IMF's Finance & Development publication provides an explanation of basic and revelevant economics concepts.
- What are Financial Services?
- What are Externalities?
- What Constitutes Unemployment?
- What is Inflation?
- Why Countries Trade?
- What is Monetary Policy?
- What is Fiscal Policy?
- What is a Recession?
- What is Domestic Growth Product?
- Why Real Exchange Rates?
- Exchange Rate Regimes: Fix or Float?
- Do Current Accounts Deficit Matter?
- PPP Or Market: Which Weight Matters?
- Remittances: A Lifeline for Development
- The Move to Inflation Targeting
- ACON - verb conjugator
Extra practice reading
- Wikipedia - read up on your favorite topics and double-check your comprehension with the English article
Extra practice listening
- Al-Jazeera Podcasts
- BBC Xtra - podcasts
- BBC Radio and TV - viewable directly on their website
- NCLRC - simplified news podcasts for beginner Arabic students (by George Washington University)
Geography games: continents, countries, capitals, & landscapes