Office of Academic Services
Welcome to the Office of Academic Services (OAS)!
OAS provides academic support for SFS-Q students in the form of writing, reading, economics, Arabic, and French tutoring. In addition, OAS offers various workshops and other forms of assistance with strengthening language and study skills.
5 Great Reasons to Visit OAS!
- Achievement focused, individualized attention
- Well- trained team of professional tutors in Writing, Languages, Economics and Map of the Modern World
- Safe and comfortable environment to work on assignments
- Number of handbooks, reference guides, dictionaries and other resources available for use
- We help develop your academic, presentation and discussion skills
How to Prepare for a Tutoring Session
- Schedule with OAS in advance of your due dates. Just knowing you have an appointment will help you finish on time, but it also allows you time for revisions!
- When the time comes, identify a particular question or issue you’d like to work on in a session.
- Bring your materials: the assignment itself, your work so far, notes, teacher comments…the more you bring, the more we can help.
What to Expect
- We ask what YOU want to work on. Even if you don’t know what that is yet, that’s ok – the tutor session will go where you want it to go.
- Be prepared to participate actively: to think, write, and talk about your work, even if it’s not on paper yet.
- Since our aim is to make you a stronger student (no matter how strong you already are), our tutors will help you discover new strategies for your current and future academic works. Expect suggestions.
(Adapted from the Writing Center at Main Campus)