The Economists' Corner
Visiting and Distinguished Scholars
- April 3, 2014: "The Macroeconomic Management Framework in Qatar & GCC States: A Proposal for Reform" by Dr. Khalid Al Khater, Director of Research & Monetary Policy, Qatar Central Bank
- March 31, 2017: "Overview of Macro prudential policies" by Luis Jacome, Deputy Chief, Monetary and Macroprudential Policies Division, International Monetary Fund
- March 9, 2014: "Preference for Boys, Family Size and Educational Attainment in India" by Adriana Kugler, Georgetown University. Time: 11:05am-12:20pm in 0A19.
- March 9, 2014: "Evidence, Innovation & Experimentation: Stimulating Employability and Entrepreneurship in the MENA Region" by Tarik Yousef, CEO, Silatech, Qatar, Raj Desai, Associate Professor of International Development, Georgetown University, USA and Bruno Crépon, Professor of Economics at ENSAE and École Polytechnique, France
- February 20, 2014: "Does International Trade Raise Incomes and How do we know?" Robert C. Feenstra, Professor of Economics, University of California